Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Renewed Obsession


Now that I have a DVR I get to become obsessed with particular shows or themes. Usually it is the mystery or murder shows but I have seen probably all the law and Orders, SVU's, CSI's, Without a Trace and Cold Case and have to sit around and wait for the new ones each week so they don't really fill my show quotas so I was in the market for a new obsession. Yes it has returned to cakes but now I have Ace of Cakes, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Platinum Weddings, Rich Bride Poor Bride and Whose Wedding it it Anyways!! Yes I know strange that I have a rekindled obsession with weddings and cakes but I just go with the flow. I have decided that I need to get better with cake decorating so that I can create magnificent cakes like Duff does and whenever anyone wants a cool treat they will ask me to make them one. This is in my quest to have a long, long list of hobbies since I am lacking in that department as of late. Since my last creation was such a success and I did really enjoy my first round of classes I though why not pick this one back up and continue it. I also have been feeling like I could be a good wedding planner but that is really just all in my head not in reality luckily I know the difference now. So Jesse has been informed that when he wants to give me a gift it is to be cake decorating lessons. So be prepared when I start baking again and dropping samples off to people that you should just take it and smile and then you can toss it when I am not looking!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Can I just tell you that I love Ace of Cakes...not only do I have more than a small obsession with cake decorating, I die of laughter everytime I watch this. Literally rolling on the floor, I don't know why but it is so funny to me. :)

Jake & Kayla McIntire said...

I think it's a great idea. A guy at work's wife does specialty cakes here in Prescott. She is amazing! Her website is www.cakesbyjenna.com Check it out! You'll be amazed at what she can do!

Golly Gee Damn said...

I love it. I'm not into the Ace Of Cakes but do love Cake Wrecks online.(look it up, i Know you'll love it)
I do have a soft spot for all the wedding shows you mentioned but I don't have that channel! it totally stinks.

Single Girl said...

I love it toooooooo.
I miss Tivo

Single Girl said...

I love it toooooooo.
I miss Tivo

Dink said...

That is where I initially got hooked was in St. George on your Tivo!!! Oh good times!!

TJLoop85 said...

I watch a lot of shows you watch and I must say my favorite is Ace of Cakes, they design some amazing wedding cakes...definitely a fan.

Dink said...

I love the link thanks for showing it to me!! I think I may be on here for awhile!!! Oh another way to avoid work!!