Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Renewed Obsession


Now that I have a DVR I get to become obsessed with particular shows or themes. Usually it is the mystery or murder shows but I have seen probably all the law and Orders, SVU's, CSI's, Without a Trace and Cold Case and have to sit around and wait for the new ones each week so they don't really fill my show quotas so I was in the market for a new obsession. Yes it has returned to cakes but now I have Ace of Cakes, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Platinum Weddings, Rich Bride Poor Bride and Whose Wedding it it Anyways!! Yes I know strange that I have a rekindled obsession with weddings and cakes but I just go with the flow. I have decided that I need to get better with cake decorating so that I can create magnificent cakes like Duff does and whenever anyone wants a cool treat they will ask me to make them one. This is in my quest to have a long, long list of hobbies since I am lacking in that department as of late. Since my last creation was such a success and I did really enjoy my first round of classes I though why not pick this one back up and continue it. I also have been feeling like I could be a good wedding planner but that is really just all in my head not in reality luckily I know the difference now. So Jesse has been informed that when he wants to give me a gift it is to be cake decorating lessons. So be prepared when I start baking again and dropping samples off to people that you should just take it and smile and then you can toss it when I am not looking!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Can I just tell you that I love Ace of Cakes...not only do I have more than a small obsession with cake decorating, I die of laughter everytime I watch this. Literally rolling on the floor, I don't know why but it is so funny to me. :)

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea. A guy at work's wife does specialty cakes here in Prescott. She is amazing! Her website is www.cakesbyjenna.com Check it out! You'll be amazed at what she can do!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I'm not into the Ace Of Cakes but do love Cake Wrecks online.(look it up, i Know you'll love it)
I do have a soft spot for all the wedding shows you mentioned but I don't have that channel! it totally stinks.

● C E L I N A ● said...

I love it toooooooo.
I miss Tivo

● C E L I N A ● said...

I love it toooooooo.
I miss Tivo

Dink said...

That is where I initially got hooked was in St. George on your Tivo!!! Oh good times!!

TAL said...

I watch a lot of shows you watch and I must say my favorite is Ace of Cakes, they design some amazing wedding cakes...definitely a fan.

Dink said...

I love the link thanks for showing it to me!! I think I may be on here for awhile!!! Oh another way to avoid work!!