Thursday, February 5, 2009

Boot Woes


So I was a very lucky girl this year and got two, yes two, pairs of really cute brown boots for Christmas. Unfortunately both had some issues with them so I was then forced to deal with the stores to try and resolve these issues. First I would like to say Banana Republic is a huge pain in the rear to deal with if something is not correct and I have had several problems with them in the past so I should've known that this one would be nothing different. Okay really it is just with the University Mall location but still. These precious boots here were sadly a mismatched pair of boots, one size 8 and one size 8.5!! Yes that does cause a slight problem when you are trying to actually wear that shoes!! So I finanlly, yes about 2 months later have gotten around to going to Banana to try and resolve this issue and informed them of the mistake. Well I was first told that since this Banana does not carry shoes they really couldn't do anything for me. Then when I prompted her to see if any other stores carried my boot in the correct size she said that nobody did. So then she said that I could return them if I hadn't worn them. Hmmm, lets see...oh yeah they are two different sizes what do you think, did I wear them or not??? Yeah anyways so she refunded my money and off I went to the car. Well the bright idea of calling the actual store where the boots came from jumped into my head and so I gave them a jingle and low and behold yes they did have my missing size 8.5 sitting in a closet full of other sad mismatched shoes!! So yes I had to take matters into my own hands to figure out what to do with a pair of mismatched boots that my feet are just itching to wear. They do have to wait till I ship back the size 8 and then for them to send me back my 8.5 but in the end I will have them in my possession so I can dance around in them!!!


Oh and yes you would think that one girl couldn't possibly have a problem with both pairs of boots, yes this girl did!! My other pair was a 1/2 size too big but was from the lovely Nordstrom that is actually geared towards customer service. So I brought in the shoes and they checked and saw that they did not have the size I was looking for and that nobody had the size. So bummed as I was I brought them home with me but then decided that I would check online for them. Low and behold yes a store in Utah has my size and yes they are in the same color and yes they would put them on hold for me!!! Ahhhh the joys of the internet!!! So soon, very soon I will have all my shoes back into commission and looking good on my feet!!!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh that is so frustrating! I set off to buy the perfect pair of brown boots for christmas but alas, i was discouraged and ended up spending the $ before I found them. And you have 2 almost here! LUcky girl! :)

Kim said...

First of all...JEALOUS! Super cute boots. But I would expect nothing less from you. Also, did you know the manager of the Orem Banana is in our branch? I might mention a couple of those issues to her....=)

Sarah Preston said...

good think I'm not associated with Banana at all. I wish I was across the hall today and could have seen you!

Dink said...

Kim, Wow I did not know that who is it??? They seriously need some help over there!!!

Sarah I wish you were there as well then we could've hung out again!!

Aubrey, yes finding some cute boots that speak to you is very difficult. I am fortunate to have a great mother-in-law who is very fashionable and can help me in my quest!!

Unknown said...

No problem for me... my right foot is 1/2 a size bigger than my left. I tried to switch sizes at Payless once and they caught me and made me buy two of the same size... the nerve of them!

Anonymous said...

I need brown boots so badely. I will just live through you buying boots. They are adoable especially the second pair. I HATE returning things. HATE HATE HATE it.