Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thailand Summary

Thailand was great!!! I had a wonderful time and the weather was hot, hot, hot just how I like it!! It was a lot of fun getting to see my sister and get to spend a lot of time with her. Our guide Spencer, was an indespensible asset to have along. It truly makes a difference traveling to a foreign country with someone that is fluent and knows the ins and outs of the country. I took soo many pictures while I was there that now I can just pretend I am there while I am looking through my hundreds and hundreds of pictures!!! Here is a list of some of my favorite things that we got to do.

- $3 massages (they were so nice I even had two sometimes)
- Delicious Thai and Esau food (Papaya salad, satay, fried pork strips and so much more!!!)
- Eating Ice Cream out of a hot dog bun with sticky rice.
- Riding on the neck of an elephant in the river and washing it
- Floating in the ocean
- Driving a scooter all over and getting lost
- Seeing the malls (they are HUGE, and really nice)
- Standing to pay tribute to the King before watching a movie in the theater.
- Riding in brightly colored taxis and Tuk Tuks.
- Visiting some of the hill tribes and playing with the kids.
- Swimming in the Mekong River.
- Outdoor showers

Pretty much I loved everything and wish I was still there!!!

8 comments:

collinanddani said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! The hot dog bun ice cream thing sounds a little gross to me but... I'm glad you had a good time.

Aubrey said...

Wow, what a trip! The hot dog bun sounds a little funny to me too, but I guess you have to be there... :)

Fiagle Family said...

how fun an elephant ride even...all your horses will be jealous!! Maybe I missed an earlier post but what made you go there???

Dink said...

My parents and I went to visit my sister and her husband and just for a fun vacation to get out of the cold!!

Dink said...

Too bad I don't know how to make sticky rice I would make it for you and then you could taste the delicousness of it.

rachelli said...

I knew you would love it! I am jealous though...maybe I'll have to talk Matthew into taking me back...

● C E L I N A ● said...

fun

Sarah Preston said...

I feel like you were gone forever! I bet you have some great pictures!